What is a QR Code Coupon?
A QR Code Coupon is a digital coupon that is delivered via a QR Code scan. You can either add the promo code as text that is displayed when scanned or use it to customize a mobile friendly landing page with details of the campaign, coupon code and the option to add it to the mobile wallet.
How to use QR Codes to deliver coupons
75% of customers want discounts and deals according to Hello World. A normal print campaign can have the coupon code printed out but it is then up to the customer to try and remember to bring it to the store. With QR Codes, there is a much more efficient way to deliver coupons.
On a poster, flyer, brochure or your newsletter, add a QR Code coupon that contains either the coupon code or the URL to the online store with the code already applied at checkout. This increases the chance of consumers actually redeeming the coupons driving up sales.
How to create a coupon QR Code
To create a coupon QR Code -
Why are Coupon QR Codes so effective?
A digital coupon especially a Coupon QR Code beats a paper coupon in terms of efficiency, usage and analytics.
- Get insights into your customer
'Data is the new oil.' Businesses acquire customer data to personalize the shopping experience and with a Coupon QR Code, it is entirely possible. With an advanced platform like Uniqode, you can study and export data regarding the time, location and date of the scan. Integration with Google Analytics on the dashboard is also available to help you understand the customer more
- Retargeting customers online on Facebook and Google
Marketers use retargeting as a default setting given that a retargeted advertisement has 10x more CTR than an ordinary online display advertisement. Uniqode's (formerly Beaconstac) intuitive dashboard allows you to retarget consumers who have scanned the Coupon QR Code online on Facebook and Google, All you need is the Facebook Pixel ID and Google Conversion ID.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of marketing material
Ordinary print material leaves no scope to ascertain the effectiveness of the campaign because there is no analytics associated with it. Adding a Coupon QR Code is a gamechanger because it allows marketers and businesses to gauge what works and what doesn’t.
How to use Coupon QR Codes
There are three ways to create a Coupon QR Code on Uniqode (formerly Beaconstac).
- Scheduled offers
- Scratch coupons (Digital couponing)
- Online coupon codes
- Scheduled Offers: What if you don’t have a website? You can still create an online campaign with Uniqode's (formerly Beaconstac) markdown cards. Easy to create with no coding involved, these markdown cards serve as a landing page for businesses without a website. Create a dynamic QR Code. This is extremely useful if you want to create new offers frequently at different times of the day, week or month. You can even schedule these campaigns to run automatically as you focus on the more important aspects of the business.
- Scratch Coupons: This is the easiest way to create a Coupon QR Code. Enter the promo code in the QR Code generator and customize it with colors and your logo. Click on Generate QR Code and download it in the required format - EPS, SVG or PNG. When customers scan this QR Code, they will simply see a promo code that they can save to their phone and redeem it by showing it to the cashier or punching it in at self-checkout.
- Online coupons: You can go ahead and create a Website QR Code to serve as a Coupon QR Code if you have an online presence. This way customers can shop online and the promo code is pre-applied at checkout.
Where can I use Coupon QR Codes?
- Retail: Seeing how 85% of Americans use coupons according to CreditCards.com, making it easier for consumers by introducing a digital QR Code coupon can definitely ring in more sales especially for the retail industry. From shoes to groceries, consumers look for the best discounts possible and use their smartphone to compare prices.
- Movie theaters: Give users an extra 20% on their next movie ticket or a free Popcorn and encourage user retention with QR Codes.
- Restaurants and bars: Make happy hour happening with QR Code coupons that offer patrons free drinks or appetizers.
- Online food delivery: Want someone to order again? Slip in a QR Code discount coupon in the food packaging and grow your business.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Go to Uniqode's (formerly Beaconstac) dynamic QR Code generator or sign-up for a 14-day free trial and create an account
- Click on Coupon QR Code under Dynamic QR Code to get started
- Set up the Coupon QR Code according to your needs and fill in the required details. Add the location, coupon code name, time zone, and other details. As you fill the details, a preview is displayed
- Customize the QR Code to your branding and choice
- Generate the QR Code and test it
- Download the QR Code in the desired format. Voila!
Scan the coupon QR Code using your smartphone’s camera to redeem a voucher, get signed up for a loyalty program, get a freebie, or even attend any event!
Coupon QR Codes cannot be created for free. However, sign up for Uniqode's (formerly Beaconstac) 14-day free trial to enjoy the perks of a Coupon QR Code. To keep using the coupon QR Code post the free trial, purchase a dynamic QR Code which is as low as $5.
A Coupon QR Code generator is nothing but a dynamic QR Code generator that generates and customizes Coupon QR Codes for businesses and marketers.